Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekly Challenge #65


A picture of a project you have completed

Decision making isn't a trait at which I excel... translated that means I can't decide which one.   I mean, I could've taken a picture of a basketful of folded laundry or our completed tax return - those certainly qualify as projects, but who really wants to look at pictures of boring things like that?  

I've worked on projects ranging from gardening, to refinishing furniture, painting rooms in my house to name a few.  The ones I've enjoyed the most are those that Liz and I have shared - traveling, letterboxing, Star Wars, preparing for and cleaning up after the moedim (festivals), caring for those in need, even painting her craft room (that was amazingly fun!).

So, I think I'll focus on projects that were actually fun to work on and brought a sense of satisfaction when they were completed.


Letterboxing - as I got more and more into this hobby, I made scads of letterboxer trading cards to swap with friends around the country.  They're like artist trading cards but with a hand carved rubber stamp image somewhere in the design.  Random thought - I remember countless hours of carving while we listening the afternoon Shabbat study...

projects in the making

One of my favorites - appropriate for Passover as it draws close, too!

My Star Wars hobby - I love my Jedi costume and the props we worked on - scouring thrift stores, the garage, junk drawers, hardware stores looking for just the right parts for our lightsaber hilts, utility belts, comlinks, holocrons.  What a blast!  Not only that, but the events we troop for raise money for worthwhile charities.

My uber cool utility belt

My first lightsaber hilt

combining my hobbies - carve of my lightsaber

1 comment:

  1. We have sure completed a LOT of projects together, huh? Great pics and memories :-)

    ReplyDelete