Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Challenge #40

A picture that is symbolic of your childhood


Not sure if you'd qualify this as symbolic, but it is a pretty fair example of family gatherings (circa 1969).  It's quite a study in our family dynamics or something...

Now, from left to right:  Pattie, Mom, Grandpa (maternal side), me (hugging Big Kitty - not sure how happy she was), Dad, Dean, Hugh (holding a stray kitten he brought home).  Looks like either my brother, Tom, was cut out or my Aunt Phyllis.  Missing are Kamisha and Paige who had gone off to college around this time.

As you can see, I'm at the end of the line and am oblivious to... well... lots!  Also, trying (unsuccessfully) to copy Pattie's antics. I'd say that's pretty indicative of my life, so in that sense, it is symbolic.

2 comments:

  1. A well-represented slice of life, my friend. Thanks for being game. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always marvel at how much you can learn about old family photos, especially ones like this one - fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete