Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weekly Challenge #18


A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life


Many things have made an impact on my life. My faith in the most High G-d is by far the most important, followed by family and dear friends. Then there are things like travel, letterboxing, and costuming - all those have had an impact to be sure. However, what I'll focus on for this challenge is my wonderful almost 17 year old son, Jacob.

At the age of 35, after 10 years of marriage, we had our one son. He has impacted my life in a way no one or anything else could. I had been teaching in elementary school for a good many years by this time thinking I understood kids and parents... well, that certainly changed when Jacob came on the scene!

I developed a new appreciation for family time and what is reasonable to expect out of my students and parents. Then, just the joy of watching him grow, the training and nurturing... I learned so much over the years - really how little I knew about training a child. Some of it came fairly easy, but there has been a whole lot that did not... learning to work with AS especially.

He has been such a blessing to me - to us.


*Please excuse the pixelated shots - you can only do so much with my scanner...





1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this slideshow of our beloved Jacob - he has certainly become a member of my own family, as well. And, what a blessing that has been.

    Great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete