Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekly Challenge #96

A picture of a childhood favorite

Horses...




Yep, I absolutely loved horses and cowboys when I was a kid, so much so that whenever we were assigned a picture to draw in our 1st grade religion book of either Jesus or a disciple, I drew horses (Catholic school...).  

 I had to at least sit on the horse ride outside of Kmart even if I didn't have a dime to make it go.  Sometimes, Dad would take pity on me and give me a dime...

I used to spend hours looking at all the horse breeds in the encyclopedia, and read all the horse stories I could find in the library.  I watched reruns of 'The Lone Ranger', too - for years.

Later on, my sister and I concocted a practical joke telling my parents I had gotten a horse for my birthday from some friends of hers (I used to spend a week or more with her in the Summer when she lived in Montana).  We neglected to tell them it was a plastic horse till my dad arrived to pick me up. 

I still love horses, though not with the intensity that I did when I was young (see, I'm still taking pics of them when I can).  The last pic was the only one I took of the Wild West Show in Williams, AZ this Summer...

1 comment:

  1. Me too . . . Me too . . . Me too!!! :-D I LOVE horses!! GREAT pics!!

    ReplyDelete