Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly Challenge #38

A picture of a historical figure with whom you'd like to converse...


I'd like to ask Juan de Fuca a thing or two.  It's a little hard to find a photograph as he lived in the early 17th century.  It's a name I'm well familiar with as I've visited this location several times in my life:



I have one question for you:  Did you know that future generations might have an issue with pronouncing your name as it reminds them of a colorful metaphor?  I suspect you had no clue...

I also want to tell you that the place named for you is absolutely stunning, you've certainly made your place in history.


photo courtesy of Google files

1 comment:

  1. . . . which is precisely why my hubby calls it Juan's Straight!

    Glad you set things straight concerning this problem, my friend.

    ReplyDelete