Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Challenge #7


A person you'd like to trade places with for a day.


What?! Are you shocked that I didn't choose a Jedi? hehehe... gotcha, didn't I?

Okay, I'd like to trade places with the one on the right, Captain Hastings. He's the sidekick of the great Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot. He's such a dependable support with a knack of coming to the wrong conclusions, giving the right clue at the right time, while being totally unaware that he's doing so. You'd think he'd pick up the detecting skills and intuition of his mentor and friend a little more, but no, he doesn't. He's great at jumping to conclusions, wrong ones mind you, and rushing ahead without thinking...

The relationship of these two is so like master-padawan - they are all about righteousness, too. You know, I have this funny feeling that there's some other duo that's like that... hmm.

So, why in the world would I want to trade places with such a character? I can't see myself taking on the role of the one in charge who's responsible and most capable of solving the problems for the obvious reason that I'd muff it! Now, if I suddenly had the capabilities of the main hero, that'd be great. I'm afraid, in my case, that just wouldn't be the way it'd go...

Oh, yeah, the one on the left is Scotland Yard inspector Japp - he's always in charge of the case and always gets shown up by Monsieur Poirot.

No comments:

Post a Comment