Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Challenge #44

A picture of a device that has made my life easier


de·vice (noun)
1. a thing made for a particular purpose; an invention or contrivance, especially a mechanical or electrical one.
2. a plan or scheme for effecting a purpose.
3. a crafty scheme; trick.
4. a particular word pattern, figure of speech, combination of word sounds, etc., used in a literary work to evoke a desired effect or arouse a desired reaction in the reader: rhetorical devices.
5. something elaborately or fancifully designed.

Hmm... those definitions present me with a wide array of choices.  Gee, there's my cell phone, the washer and dryer, Starbucks (does that count?), my iTouch, my car... I think I'll settle for this, though:



I think it best fits definition #2 - a plan to effect a purpose.  I found the perfect pair of jeans because of google.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I've googled something whether it's a medical thing, homeschool curriculum, hotels for a road trip - you name it!  How did we ever survive before google?

1 comment:

  1. well, why don't you just shout out all the good options so we other 'challengers' can't use 'em? Now, I'm really gonna have to be creative...

    Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete