Monday, April 25, 2011

Challenge #17


















A picture of someone who inspires you





Oh, look! I've got too many pics floating around in here... well, sometimes I'm not very decisive. You'll have to be okay with that...

Now, I couldn't put up a pic of Liz as I've already used her for another post (I sorta snuck one in anyway). She's a constant inspiration...

So, I thought of my dear Miss Marilyn. She inspires me for sure! I want to be just like her when I grow up - strong in so many ways - in faith, honesty, courage, intelligence just to name a few.

I also thought of my brother, Dean. He inspired me so many years ago when he first came home and started talking about his new found faith in his G-d. That started a path for me that's ended up where I am now. He was born with a mental handicap that he overcame throughout his life inspiring many more than just his little sister. So many people had amazing stories to tell at his memorial of his impact on their lives - total strangers who just met him on the road even. He's been gone many years now, but he lives on in the memories of our family.

Of course, I thought of my parents. They've always been there for me and encouraged me in my faith, putting up with my crazy narrow ideas through the years. I love them so much - Dad has been gone several years now, and I still miss him. I wish my mom lived closer - she's 89 and still sharp as a tack, still encouraging and loving me all the way in Idaho.

I'll let you mix and match the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment